Question

Help before I take the plunge

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all!

I currently have a Playbar, sub and two 1’s for surrounds. I was ready to use my trade in towards an ARC. Didn’t take long while doing a google search for a plethora of customer issues to appear. Especially seems to be the sound cuts out quite frequently. 

I have an LG OLED C9 series tv. If I understand correctly, most issues seem to stem from using the apps directly through the smart tv’s (a lot of different brands). Are these issues still present if you use a fire stick? Also, something seems to be up with the Nintendo Switch? I can’t quite understand what’s going on there. 

I don’t NEED the ARC but i like toys and it seems like this has the potential to be pretty darn cool. Thanks in advance. Btw...idk if it matters but I use my current Sonos for 90% tv/movies and the rest for music

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

I think most of the audio issues with the C9 have been sorted out with firmware updates. I found this C9/Fire TV Stick user on Reddit who seems to be happy with the Arc:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/kwgngg/best_2020_tv_to_get_for_sonos_arc_for_atmos/