Height of Arc soundbar

• 4 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Recently remodeled my living room and my TV is now mounted above my fireplace. I currently have the playbar but want to upgrade to the Arc. i am concerned that if i mount the Arc below the TV and above the mantle that it would be too high and i will lose some of its benefits. If i mount where i want to, it will be approx 5 feet above from the floor. At this height, will I lose some of the quality from the Arc?

Also, the couch will be about 13 feet from the Arc. is that too far as well?

Thanks!

PS - i have already tested the fireplace and there are no concerns for too much heat above the mantle...so not concerned about Arc “cooking”.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The distance from the Arc to the couch is the bigger issue. Sitting 13 feet from the Arc will be too far to hear the height channel effects when listening to Dolby Atmos content.

As a point of reference, my ceiling is 8 feet high and my Arc is 6 feet from the ceiling. My ideal listening position for height channel effects is 6-9 feet from the Arc.

NOTE: The upward firing drivers are only used when playing Dolby Atmos audio.

How tall is your ceiling?

Thanks GuitarSuperstar!

My ceiling slopes upward and starts at about 8 feet and slopes up to 12 feet. 

Userlevel 7

Thanks GuitarSuperstar!

My ceiling slopes upward and starts at about 8 feet and slopes up to 12 feet. 

I am not certain, but using basic geometry, if the 8-foot slope begins above the wall where the Arc will be mounted, the vaulted ceiling might actually help in your situation. The sloped ceiling face might help disperse the audio from the upward firing drivers deeper into the room.

thanks for the input.