Question

Hearing aid accessory

• 9 December 2016
  • 3 replies

My wife, who's hearing-impaired, uses Widex hearing aids. One of the Widex accessories is called a TV-Dex. It consists of two parts: a base unit that connects to a TV sound system via RCA jacks, and a wireless device she wears on a lanyard that is paired with, and transmits the TV sound signals directly to, her hearing aids. Does anyone have experience or ideas about using this device with the Sonos system? Should it work with a CONNECT? Or will I need to connect the base to a CONNECT:AMP instead? Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If it gets input from RCA jacks, you would need a Connect. The Connect:Amp has amplified output, the Connect has line level RCAs
I had previously tried a CONNECT unsuccessfully. But after ruling out every other possibility, we took the Widex device back to the hearing-aid service -- which found that, despite previous assurances, they had incorrectly paired the hearing aids to the TV-Dex. Once they were re-paired, I tried it with the CONNECT again and -- voilà! And to think I only spent about 15 or 20 hours of my life struggling with this ....
Ouch 😞