Question

HDMI1&3 on Panasonic tv not working since soundbar connected

• 2 June 2017
  • 6 replies

I have a Panasonic tele and connected the sound bar to it today. I had to use hotel mode to turn the internal speakers off.

Unfortunately HDMI ports 1&3 have stopped working - I suspect from accessing hotel mode.

Does anyone have any experience of this and how to resolve it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If it is really not possible to kill the internal speakers without being in hotel mode (are you sure?) then try plugging a cheap set of headphones in headphone socket and go back to standard home mode.
Yea I followed the advice on this forum actually as it's the only way to turn them off. Do you think a cheap set of headphones/speakers plugged into the AV would work? As I'd be prepared to give that a go!!! I can turn the speaker down and just use the app to control the volume but I think I read that it wouldn't be ideal.
Headphones would have to go in the headphone socket. Do you have a set of phone headphones you could test it with?
Yes I do, I'll give that a go and see if it works
Btw, using a Sonos controller for volume control is only not ideal to the extent you find it inconvenient
I can imagine that'll be a pain! I've been able to turn the volume to 0 on the tele using hotel mode so currently, I'm able to control the volume on the sound bar with the Panasonic to remote. It's just such a shame that these HDMI ports aren't working. I'll have to fiddle around and try and find a solution