Question

Hdmi audio extractor..... with a toslink input?

• 8 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the above exists? My tv does not output 5.1 via optical when the input is via the HDMI ports. I have my xbox and now a Chromecast connected to the tv. Up til now i was using an optical switch box with inputs from the tv and xbox to the playbar....but now i need to extract the sound from the chromecast as well to get its 5.1.... which is all well and good but I'd rather not have to still use the current optical switch box to get the internal tuner audio from the tv to playbar.…

I hope this makes sense to someone who could advise. Appreciate any advice greatly. Rather not have to get atv just yet. Tia.

Rob

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What TV model is this? Are you just getting stereo over optical? Use an EDID manager to force 5.1.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes only getting stero. I tried an edid manager but still only stero. Actually found an extractor with toslink in so I'm gonna try that, although it only has one hdmi input:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MZQNQBY/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_DzigEb8HQWK8P