HD Fury is working on an eARC solution for Sonos Arc - Full Audio & Atmos from any HDMI sources

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

From Sonos reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/h7z9gv/hd_fury_is_working_on_an_earc_solution_for_sonos/

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

160 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

The preorder page is up enforced with password that will fall off after 24hrs

Thanks for the update!

Userlevel 1
Badge

HDFury has opened it for everyone to pre-order.  If you have Sonos Arc and TV w/o eArc, this device is a must.  It will give you full Atmos TrueHD

https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s official...Arcana starts production!  They hit the preorder quota in 24 hours and are staring production. 

You can still pre-order: https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve ordered mine.

This is the only practical way I can get Atmos out of my Arc without buying a new TV to replace my LG. No help from either Sonos or LG in this respect.

It’ll be great to finally hear what the Arc is capable of.

Just got to wait till October now (or whenever they start shipping).

Userlevel 1

I’ve ordered mine.

This is the only practical way I can get Atmos out of my Arc without buying a new TV to replace my LG. No help from either Sonos or LG in this respect.

It’ll be great to finally hear what the Arc is capable of.

Just got to wait till October now (or whenever they start shipping).

That and it checks a couple of more boxes for me. First is offcourse getting Atmos to the ARC, second is to force Dolby Vision to my HDR capable projector and third is ensuring I eliminate any sync issues. Hopefully they will hit their 800 order mark to implement CEC support as well, then all is perfect :-).

Badge

Thanks people, this streak has been very usefull! Ive preordered the Arcana and am looking forward enjoying dolby Atmos incobination with beamer & Arc!

Is there any way of getting the Arcana in the UK? Shipping and import tax could be quite expensive.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is there any way of getting the Arcana in the UK? Shipping and import tax could be quite expensive.

I think you are no further ahead with a reseller as they will pay duty and mark up the price. 

they have options to ship with lower declared value to reduce VAT and dut

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

And if you order it before it gets to uk you will save because preorder is less exp

Great, thanks guys.

As far as shipping date goes, HD Fury is currently saying Oct. 1.  They are stating though that they are shooting for earlier than that, they simply don’t want to over promise/under deliver.

It also looks that if you bundle the Arcana with another device for a discount, you’ll get the other device shipped with Arcana.  Considering that shipping is a considerable cost depending on where you are, that might not be a bad thing.

Userlevel 1
Badge

What kind of import tax/customs duty is typically charged for this sort of thing in the USA? Does the “low value” packaging option make a difference in the USA?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

What kind of import tax/customs duty is typically charged for this sort of thing in the USA? Does the “low value” packaging option make a difference in the USA?

I had the same question and there was some discussion about this on the Discord support channel. The general consensus seemed to be that for orders under about $1000 then there’s really no import duty/tax charged by US Customs. 

That having been said, I went with the “low value” option when placing my order just in case. ;-) 

I had the same question and there was some discussion about this on the Discord support channel. The general consensus seemed to be that for orders under about $1000 then there’s really no import duty/tax charged by US Customs. 

That having been said, I went with the “low value” option when placing my order just in case. ;-) 

That’s my guess as well.  I have not ordered much directly from out of the country, but have order furniture and some car audio equipment before, and don’t recall any duty or tax added.  FYI,  with HD Fury, I ordered the Arcana/Vertex 2 package, and am paying $24 in shipping.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So, are there cheaper options for a 4k HDR Atmos-compatible HDMI switch that folks on this forum like, rather than buying something like the HDFury Integral2 or Vertex? I see those are only 2 input switches… ideally I’d have 3 or 4…and I really don’t need any of the matrix functionality…

Thoughts before I place an order for an Arcana?

Userlevel 1
Badge

So, are there cheaper options for a 4k HDR Atmos-compatible HDMI switch that folks on this forum like, rather than buying something like the HDFury Integral2 or Vertex? I see those are only 2 input switches… ideally I’d have 3 or 4…and I really don’t need any of the matrix functionality…

e.g. the Monoprice Blackbird… is this a good HDMI switch option to pair with Arcana? 

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=30919

e.g. the Monoprice Blackbird… is this a good HDMI switch option to pair with Arcana? 

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=30919

Short answer is, yes. It covers what most people will need from a switch. 

The product handles 4K @ 60 Hz (Hz being frames per second).  There are many TVS out now that can handle up to 120Hz, so using this switch would be a limiting factor.  However,  I don’t think there are many sources that cover 120 Hz right now.  Mostly games as I understand it.  That could change over time, and you might not get all that you can out of the TV.  But, you’re only investing $60 in a switch.  And who knows,  content could jump to 8K or something else, skipping over 4K@120Hz for the most part.

The other concern I see, and this is a concern for all switches I think, is that you now have an additional remote for switching inputs only.   If you a good universal remote, maybe not an issue, but something to deal with regardless.

There could be other things to think about, that I’m not aware of.  Not an expert in this area by any means.

Also worth noting that a switch won’t be needed if Arcana gets it stretch goal features, you have an ARC capable TV, and only one source that requires eARC. In that scenario, you would wire your eARC requiring source to Arcana, and Arcana to TV.  Other sources (like a FireTV stick or roku for example) would connect directly to TV.  Your TV would send audio via ARC to Arcana, which will then send audio via eARC to the Sonos Arc.  You could use your normal remote for switching inputs and never have to worry about switch specs.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just pulled the trigger!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I preordered too! Thanks @melvimbe for the insight re switches!

Not really that informative, but HD Fury posted videos of the product being manufactured in their discord channel.  I don’t know what that says about when the product will be shipped out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Not really that informative, but HD Fury posted videos of the product being manufactured in their discord channel.  I don’t know what that says about when the product will be shipped out.

I’m guessing it means that it will be shipped out sooner than if they DIDN’T have prototypes being built at this stage. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, though, this is really awesome to see. Man, they’re moving fast. I’m truly looking forward to getting mine! 

I’m assuming the ‘stretch’ goal will be a firmware update in the future, and not a hardware change.

I’m assuming the ‘stretch’ goal will be a firmware update in the future, and not a hardware change.

That’s what they have said.   Looking at the ‘download’ tab on some of there other products, They do provide frequent updates.

Sometimes, things change in pre production. At least, in my experience.…

And you know I’m incapable of going to other websites to re-read data :) That’s why I’m counting on updates from you!