HD Fury is working on an eARC solution for Sonos Arc - Full Audio & Atmos from any HDMI sources

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

160 replies

I think English is not the native language here, but it’s damn better than my (insert any other language I fake here).  That being said, I’m trying to figure out how two inputs work. I could see three, one being the source device, one being the video to the TV, and the last being eARC to the Sonos. But two doesn’t make sense to me. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

HDFury is talking quite a bit about this on their live support portal: 

https://discord.com/invite/XWzPRRP

Some interesting tidbits: 

• They haven’t announced a price but are saying it “won’t be expensive”
  • ...”we have the solution, and our solution will work connected direct at the source output, directly at any splitter output and directly at any of our devices output as well.”’
  • “That dongle we are doing here, will take full audio from any sources and simulate eARC TV input for SONOS to retrieve sound from it, as demonstrated on above video with Atmos from ATV4K / Netflix. So that is a solution for PJ owners, monitors owners, 5.1 ARC TV owners, etc... everyone that does not have eARC TV”
  • ”yes full audio up to Atmos over TRUE HD from any source and the normal ARC (5.1 if no Atmos over DD+ support from your TV) for your TV apps.”
  • “There is no splitting here ! it's a dongle that transform a HDMI video/audio output (from a source or from a splitter) into a simulated TV input that SONOS can connect to in order to retrieve eARC just like it can do from a real eARC TV.
    You must imagine that final device is very small dongle with basically 2 inputs. the purpose here is especially to make a solution that can be used directly at any source audio out, or at any splitter output or at any of our devices output.”
  • Size: “the final device will be pocket sized, that you can hold in your hand.”
  • Timing: “we know people wants it badly, but still some time needed, you will see on upcoming video that we use 3 types of IC to do that on different board and evkit, all that needs to be put on same small pcb and need its own code and that unfortunately will take some time to complete.”
  • “What we need is demand to ensure production, so you can paste the words around in sonos related forums, social networks ,etc... that can help fasten production and delivery”

There’s now a dedicated thread on the AVS forum for this potential new product.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/195-soundbars/3153792-hdfury-sonos-arc-earcadapter.html

Userlevel 1

Great news (as long as it arrives relatively soon). This device is what I have been waiting for to use an Arc with a projector. Thank you.

And I just supplied a pointer (can’t post a link) to here for him to respond in. 

Not so much a correction, as it was a hope for folks to be able to find further information that they may post ;)

And, frankly, a place for me to park that link for easier access later on. Thank you for finding it!

According to HDFury “We are making a dongle that can be used with any splitter or any of devices.”

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

If valid, that’s great news. The two questions I have are when, and how much...which I assume everyone else is curious about, too. Thanks for the link. 

Note: that post is not from Sonos. 

Thanks for the correction. 

Dave

Further note. Here’s the place where that post occurs, which is not Reddit:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video-processors/3069170-hdfury-vertex2-owner-s-thread-67.html

Specifically, post 1990 in that thread. 

If valid, that’s great news. The two questions I have are when, and how much...which I assume everyone else is curious about, too. Thanks for the link. 

Note: that post is not from Sonos.