Question

Hardwiring Sonos play ones

• 27 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Does anyone see any issues in cutting off the plugs on the play ones on my theatre system?

I want to hard wire them to a fused spur in the wall to hide wiring.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Nope, I don't see any issues at all. The electrons wouldn't care.
Does anyone see any issues in cutting off the plugs on the play ones on my theatre system?

Check your local codes. Most require certified in-wall wiring if they are going inside the wall.
The fuses in the UK plugs will be quite a low rating. You'll lose that protection if the spur is fused at the usual ring main amperage.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11

No problems at all. Ensure the fuse in the dedicated spur unit is correct - fuses protect cable/flex to prevent them catching fire.

If you do not understand this or know what fuse to use then no, don't do it until you do know.
Hello V8davep, welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Though we appreciate your eye for aesthetics, we don’t suggest or recommend modifying your equipment for both safety and warranty reasons.

There are some good suggestions made in here, but just note that any modifications like this are on an “at your own risk” situation. All of of our players come with power cables that are meant to function without any modifications.
Thanks for all your replies, i plan to fit the same size fuse thats in the plug to fused spur and run the wiring in conduit in the wall.

This will be done by a qualified tradesman, i was just confirming that there was not any technical reason not to do it