Fluctuating volume when watching TV - Beam and Plays

• 6 December 2018
  • 3 replies

When viewing TV with the BEAM + 2 X PLAY:1 the volume fluctuate massively.
Generally very loud during adverts and quiet during the program, especially when just dialogue on the TV.
I have used the Speech Enhancement and Night mode but neither worked.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge
I have the same issue here with the exact same setup! Did you ever find a resolution or a good combination of settings that worked for you?
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
I have literally just set this up myself yesterday and I'm having the same issue.

I know adverts do normally play louder as they still want you to hear when you've gone to make a cup of tea! But i'm struggling a bit with stuff like The Punsisher on Netflix....dialogue is quiet but the actions scenes are verging on too loud.

Currently playing around wth the surround level and also the bass and treble settings to try find a balance that suits. I have speech enhancment turned on always though...seems better to me. Night mode is a waste of time...I'd rather just turn off the surrounds.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
People don't seem to like it when Sonos do reply to these type of threads with "The problem is the source" but this is exactly what I experienced last night.

I tested 3 programmes without speech enhancment or night mode, Vikings (Amazon Prime) Ozark (Netflix) & Punisher (Netflix) all throught the built in apps on my Samsung TV.

Vikings and Ozark were both perfect, the right amount of balance between dialogue and louder scenes.....the Punisher is where I had the issues, quiet dialogue and action scenes to loud.....which leads me to believe it is the way the sound is handled at source.

If I want to watch the Punisher I have to turn my surrounds off to get the right balance.....or at least turn the level of my surrounds right down.

Hope this helps.