Question

Firestick audio sync'

• 26 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Set up;

Sony TV, Virgin V6, Firestick, Playbase

Audio for the TV and V6 Box connect to the Playbase via a Lindy optical connector with no lip sync' issues. Pay movies through the Virgin box, no lip sync’ issues.

The Firestick is plugged in to the TV, Firestick audio output through the TV speakers is OK, dire through the Playbase.

Any ideas as to a fix - Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No idea what a “Lindy” is.

Om not sure I’m understanding your connections. Is the optical connected between the PLAYBASE and the TV or the V6 (whatever that is?)

I would be checking what format the Firestick is sending, as well as the settings on the TV. The TV’s speakers are playing the stereo stream, which likely goes through a different path in the electronics than the Dolby Digital signal. If there’s anything in the TV ‘messing’ with that Dolby Digital stream, it can delay it for processing.

There are some TVs that don’t seem to send a Dolby Digital stream through from an HDMI input without slightly delaying it. I’d certainly recommend checking the TV for updates to the software it’s running. Some models seem to have fixed that issue with newer updates, some have not. The curious thing to me is that it is only the Firestick you’re having issues with, which suggests that there is something different about the stream from the Firestick.