Feature requests: Volume OSD + Night Mode and Speech Enhancement Scheduling

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi!

I have a Sonos Home Theatre with an Arc, a Sub and two One SLs.

I am very satisfied with the system, yet, after about one month of daily usage, I begin notice there are a couple of features missing, that would highly benefit users.

First one, is an OSD volume level. I’ve read at least one other thread with this request, and some users replied that it is a TV feature, but in fact it’s not. Depending on HDMI-CEC implementation, TV might show just an indicator if you’re increasing or decreasing volume, but I haven’t seen yet any TV showing a real volume indicator. To get that info, it has to be generate by the Sonos Arc (in my case). This is possible, using HDMI-CEC to send this info to the TV.  In some cases, like mine, I use an Harmony remote that controls volume directly in the Arc, not passing though TV, and in this kind of cases there is no indicator at all (not even if I’m increasing or decreasing volume).

Second feature request is the ability to schedule Night Mode and Speech Enhancement.

This is pretty useful if you live in an apartment, as the low frequencies combined with thelowest volume level being a bit loud late night makes it pretty impossible to use the Sonos System without turning on Night Mode and Speech Enhancement. Currently, I managed this via iOS Shortcuts, but having this built in on Sonos app would be perfect.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @marinheira 

Thanks for your post, and your ideas!

I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi!

Second feature request is the ability to schedule Night Mode and Speech Enhancement.

This has been requested many many times, for years in fact.

I joined this community I believe in 2019 and there were already request for it   

I'm surprised that Sonos hasn't released what works seem to be a simple upgrade, it probably can even be fine on the app side. 

Hey. 

Bumping this one, as I really would love to see scheduled night mode to be implemented. 

Why would it be called "night" mode when I don't have the ability to automatically turn it on at Night. Let's call it "low bass mode" then. 

I don't know if there any technical limitation on that one but that seems unlikely. So please, reconsider working on that feature request, especially with the Ray now coming to even more homes. You'll make happy customers and happy neighbors. 

Userlevel 7

Hey. 

Bumping this one, as I really would love to see scheduled night mode to be implemented. 

Why would it be called "night" mode when I don't have the ability to automatically turn it on at Night. Let's call it "low bass mode" then. 

I don't know if there any technical limitation on that one but that seems unlikely. So please, reconsider working on that feature request, especially with the Ray now coming to even more homes. You'll make happy customers and happy neighbors. 

If you use an iOS device, use the Soro app and create an automation to set Night Sound on a schedule.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805