Answered

Feature Request: Return Beam to previously active group after TV has been powered off

• 15 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Similar to how the beam automatically ungroups and start playing TV audio when the TV is powered on, I'd love to have the beam return to its previous group when the TV is powered off. I find myself manually doing this several times per day on both of my beams.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 20 October 2018, 00:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Similar to how the beam automatically ungroups and start playing TV audio when the TV is powered on, I'd love to have the beam return to its previous group when the TV is powered off. I find myself manually doing this several times per day on both of my beams.

HI seajack,

Welcome to the community. Thanks for the suggestion of adding a feature to the Beam that would allow it to revert back to the previous group after playing TV audio. I'll send in a feature request for you.
This has another thread related to the playbar that goes back 4 years... how has this not hit your backlog until now?

I JUST bought the beam to add to my 3 Play1s that I’ve had for years and couldn’t wrap my brain around the fact that this bug still exists in a Sonos product.

PLEASE implement it!!!
It will be very welcome that beam returns automatically to its selected group in which it was placed before it switched to TV sound. It is quite anoying to include beam in the music group manually and adjust sound level over and over again. Quite dissapointing.

Please implement the auto return in group for beam.
Has it been addressed and implemented? It does not seem to work for my setup at all.
Many thanks!