Feature request: enhanced IR code set for playbase/playbar

• 17 December 2017
  • 4 replies

It would really be nice if you created an IR command set (and published it) for those who use custom remote setups to allow control of night mode, speech mode, play/pause, next, and previous.

I don't think this is too much to ask or too much effort to support. It would be really nice to be able to use my handheld remote for all relevant features related to listening without having to bring out a full fledged graphical interface.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, inaflash. Thanks for posting! I am happy to forward this along to the team for consideration. Thank you again for the feedback!
Hello Sonos support - Any update on this? It is badly needed to help automate with remotes like Logitech Hubs
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello Sonos support - Any update on this? It is badly needed to help automate with remotes like Logitech Hubs

Hi tommytuna,

We don't have an update to share on this feature. At this time the Sonos home theater speakers can only accept volume and mute commands. I'll add your support to the feature request though.
Hi - I am sure many would welcome this type of integration. As you move into more mainstream sound bars etc being able to automate basic commands is table stakes (outside of the app). As part of your open API moves, please increase your collaboration with Logitech and others.

BTW - the IFTT integration is shaping up well. I use it to reset the Beam volume each night to a low volume (10) so first TV viewer in AM doesn’t wake up entire house. Don’t know why Logitech can’t do a “set volume command”