Failed Sonos:AMP - Surprisingly poor customer service experience.

Badge
I've been a Sonos user for 10+ years and have never had a reason to complain or doubt the products. The only product I've had fail was an old CR200 where the touch screen developed dead spots. Customer support was excellent and swapped the unit under warranty (probably 8 years ago) without any issue, drama or frustration at all. Couldn't be happier.

Unfortunately it would appear that maybe times have changed. I've continued to expand my speaker and Amp collection including the latest AMP which has been working fine for the first 2 months, only to fail yesterday and refuses to stay online for more than an hour at best, sometimes only minutes.

I've spent over 6 hours on messenger to their support team and the conversation is incredibly frustrating. Its clearly bouncing around different members of staff, little to no consistency, and the majority of the comments appear to be delay tactics. Really wasn't what I was expecting but hoping to have a sensible resolution soon.

I'm interested to hear if others have had similar issue with the AMP or Sonos support for that matter. The unit is still within the 100 day trial period so if this is a problem for others I'll be looking to return it and get an AV receiver instead, or switch back to my trusty Yamaha A-S500.

I was also surprised to see some appalling reviews online for Sonos, I've always been a massive fan and would recommend them in an instant to others, in fact I've often been a demo house for numerous friends who have bought into the products, but after my experiences with support today and reading such bad reviews I'm starting to doubt the platform which is a shame after so many years of faithful service.

Hopefully it'll be a one off bad experience, and I'm reading too much into it..... fingers crossed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I tend to agree with you. I just got a playbar as a gift from my daughter and it failed within a week.  Since i did not have the original box I had to give billing info so before they could send me another unit so I could use that box to return the failed unit.  Little did I know it was a refurbished unit, and it never worked, so much for their refurbished guarantee.  So now I need to send this unit back I demanded a new unit got the RMA  email nothing else saying standard replacement which means I have to ship the refurbished unit back (again not box).  Very frustrating, sorry  I got this as a gift.  FYI enjoyed it for a week great sound but reliability is really a concern. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I tend to agree with you. I just got a playbar as a gift from my daughter and it failed within a week.  Since i did not have the original box I had to give billing info so before they could send me another unit so I could use that box to return the failed unit.  Little did I know it was a refurbished unit, and it never worked, so much for their refurbished guarantee.  So now I need to send this unit back I demanded a new unit got the RMA  email nothing else saying standard replacement which means I have to ship the refurbished unit back (again not box).  Very frustrating, sorry  I got this as a gift.  FYI enjoyed it for a week great sound but reliability is really a concern. 

If you bought it on Credit Card get them involved, you should have been supplied a brand new replacement.