Answered

Extra speaker in addition to 5.1.2

• 24 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a 5.1.2 setup (Arc, Sub, 2x One SL) for my tv, which works great.  I wanted to add another single speaker in my kitchen which would also play the sound from the TV.  Is that possible?  In the app I don't see how to add another speaker to my existing room.  Or do I make a new room and somehow group it with the TV Room set?  Just want to make sure it's possible before I buy another One SL.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 December 2020, 19:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You can add the One SL to your kitchen and then group the kitchen with your 5.1.2 TV Room setup. The audio from the TV will play through all of your speakers.

The TV audio in the kitchen would be slightly delayed, but if you can barely hear the sound from the living room this shouldn’t be an issue.

Sound takes about 1 ms to travel 1 foot, so any ‘leakage’ from the living room would be delayed anyway.

Userlevel 7

The TV audio in the kitchen would be slightly delayed, but if you can barely hear the sound from the living room this shouldn’t be an issue.

Sound takes about 1 ms to travel 1 foot, so any ‘leakage’ from the living room would be delayed anyway.

I have the Arc/Sub/Play:1 setup in my living room and a Sonos One in my kitchen and there is no noticeable delay.