Question

Experience with Beam & various smart TV sticks?

• 31 August 2019
  • 1 reply

I've been using the Beam with an Insignia TV with an older Amazon firestick, using the optical adaptor since our tv doesn't have an HDMI ARC. In general it's been alright although an increasingly common issue is the audio cutting in and out for a few seconds. I can't figure out which device is the culprit but it's been making me consider getting a Chrome, Roku, or something, as the fire stick is laggy and incredibly slow and just seems to be getting worse.

TL;DR please share your insight on using the Beam with a smart TV dongle that you've had good luck with!

1 reply

First generation Firesticks can be very sluggish and unresponsive nowadays. To be honest I found mine to be virtually unusable.

Assuming you have a vested interest in Amazon I suggest you simply replace the Firestick with a modern version. You'll find it a breath of fresh air. Moreover I'd recommend you go for the 4k stick, even if you don't need the 4k capabilities for now. It has a faster processor than the current standard stick and will be a bit more future-proof.