Answered

Epson EF-11, Macbook and sonos arc

• 21 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

i noticed that already a lot of people ask this question but I have to know for sure because it costs a fortune.

I have an Epson EF-11 projector. As an external visual source I use my MacBook. I am aware that my projector does not have HDMI arc or earc so it can’t be connected to an Sonos arc. But is there someway I could connect it to my projector and experience the whole Dolby atmos stuff? Is it possible, in this particular case, with HDfury arcana?

thanks for all the answers😊

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 September 2021, 17:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Assuming the content the Mac is sending is in Atmos, yes. It will reflect pretty much anything sent to it. It will not create a codec where one doesn’t exist, so you can’t send the Arcana a stereo signal, and expect an Atmos signal to be generated and sent to the Arc.

Yes, the HD Fury Arcana can take an HDMI signal from a device, and use that input to create an eARC output that the Sonos Arc will play.

Badge

So that means it would work? And it would create The Dolby Atmos experience too?