Answered

Either upgrade one sl’s to fives OR add second sub

• 25 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi guys, 

Currently have Arc + 2x One SL’s + gen 3 sub. I use the set up for both home theatre and music. 

I find with music the One SLs do struggle at higher volumes. Looking for opinions on should I change the One SLs to 2x Fives and buy new stands for them in my lounge room. This does also leave the pair of exisiting One SLs (and stands) without much of a purpose. Or should I grab a second gen 3 sub considering they are currently discounted in Aus and it would mean all my exisiting hardware remains. 

I guess I want to know if the second sub will in someway add to the higher volume where I find the One SLs are lacking. 

Thank you for any insights or tips 

icon

Best answer by skullc 25 June 2022, 18:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Stereo pair fives for music!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

A second sub wouldn't do what you want

You have the same home theatre system as me, I  also have 2 fives and a sub as my music system in the same room.

I prefer my music in stereo not on the soundbar system, I suppose I  could group them together if I wanted to really annoy the neighbours 😀

I would recommend 2 5's as a stereo pair just for music keep you HT system as is and group them all for more volume when required 👍

I agree with the comments made already.  I would keep the One SLs for surrounds.  The Fives as a separate Sonos ‘room’ for music listening is the way I’d go.  In fact, it’s the way I have gone. 

Grouping a HT Room with other Rooms will introduce a lip sync issue while watching TV. Grouped music play will be fine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Grouping a HT Room with other Rooms will introduce a lip sync issue while watching TV. Grouped music play will be fine.

As he asked about music volume level the recommendations I made are related to that not HT