Answered

DTS MKV Help

• 30 March 2016
  • 8 replies

I'm new to the world of SONOS, so please bear with me.

I purchased the soundbar, 2 One's and SUB to create the so-called 5.1. After readfing the forums i'm starting to understand that DTS is not possible without workarounds.

I have an LG 4K TV that is set to output Dolby Digital, an optical cable straight from the TV to the soundbar. XBOX one. I have managed to get Star Wars BluRay to churn out 5.1 from the XBOX One which does sound awesome, but when I play my MKV's from my NAS via the XBOX one, they only play in stereo, or no sound at all.

Has anyone managed to find a way around this. I think the MKV's maybe decoded to DTS. I have also tried via Kodi, but again only playing in Stereo or not at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated
icon

Best answer by The_Bastard_Son 31 March 2016, 00:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hi, does the Amazon Fire TV box play 5.1 Dolby digital, I've got a firestick and can only get it to play stereo with my sonos set up, when reading up the stick only does Dolby digital plus
If you TV doesn't pass DD from HDMI sources , it dowmix to a digital stereo signal, check your TV settings .
Hi, does the Amazon Fire TV box play 5.1 Dolby digital, I've got a firestick and can only get it to play stereo with my sonos set up, when reading up the stick only does Dolby digital plus
Badge +1
I am using the Amazon Fire TV for kodi on my sonos 5.1 setup , I have the RPI2 upstairs in the bedroom .
This worked for me so thanks

@TopperXP glad to hear it. Are you using a RPi for Kodi or another device?
Badge +1
This worked for me so thanks
Thank you! That has sorted it! £24.99 Rasberry Pi2 has solved it! Works sweet and sounds amazing!

Can finally enjoy the new purchase

Hey glad you got it working.
Thank you! That has sorted it! £24.99 Rasberry Pi2 has solved it! Works sweet and sounds amazing!

Can finally enjoy the new purchase
Hi, Kodi can do this.
Go to System>Settings, turn on advanced settings. Then go to Audio Output and change to match:

Set "number of channels" to 2.0.
"Output configuration" to optimised.
"Enable Passthrough" on
"AC3 capable receiver" on
" - Enable Dolby Digital transcoding" on
"DTS capable receiver" off

Tested with my AVR.