Answered

DOLBY VISION ultra HD blu ray player that convert DTS audio in the fly

• 12 April 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Hello, I’m searching for a 4K Ultra HD blu ray player THAT SUPPORT BOTH HDR10 AND DOLBY VISION that can convert DTS audio to Dolby Digital 5.1 on the fly. Now I’m using the Xbox One X that can convert audio correctly, but that support HDR10 only. For sure I L le that new LG UP970 that can manage Dolby Vision, cannot convert audio.

Oppo is too much expensive for me

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Colm 13 April 2018, 10:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I've a Samsung 4k player that converts DTS to 5.1 perfectly. I don't think there's a player yet that will do all you want. Samsung won't include Dolby Vision and will only support HDR. One nice addition is the netflix app on the player supports HDR while the netflix app on my tv doesn't.
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Thanks. I need One that play DV since for a normal blu ray player 4K with HDR10 I already have the Xbox One X, that convert audio ad well
Badge
Im wondering this too...
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
you may have a hard time to find devices that support both competing formats

I would suggest you go with hdr10 because most content is for hdr10 and its winning

I know you don't want to hear that
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Looks like there my be a solution on the horizon. The Xbox one x/s is getting Dolby vision as an update and decodes audio on the fly...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/7/12/17563670/microsoft-xbox-one-dolby-vision-support
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Looks like there my be a solution on the horizon. The Xbox one x/s is getting Dolby vision as an update and decodes audio on the fly...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/7/12/17563670/microsoft-xbox-one-dolby-vision-support

Yea I saw that too Thank you microsoft!!!!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I've a Samsung 4k player that converts DTS to 5.1 perfectly. I don't think there's a player yet that will do all you want. Samsung won't include Dolby Vision and will only support HDR. One nice addition is the netflix app on the player supports HDR while the netflix app on my tv doesn't.
Do you have the model number? Thanks
Also, has anyone had any luck with Sony 4k Bluray player? The samsung ones looks pretty bulky
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
When I looked for a uhd player the only players I found that would convert to DD5.1 on the fly where the Xbox and the Samsung. Neither the Panasonic or the Sony players would do it. Good to hear that the Xbox will get an upgrade to Dolby Vision but I wish that Sony would add the 5.1 conversion to their player. It’s very limited when you can only choose a single uhd player due to the limitations of the beam and the playbar.