Answered

Does Sony KDL-46V2500 connect to Sonos Beam?

• 9 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Im planning on giving my friend a Sonos Beam, but he has a old tv Sony KDL-46V2500, i wonder does this work with Sonos Beam? I cant figure it out cause it doesnt seem to have hdmi-arc, it says it have optical digital out but i dont know if this will work cause it says its only for dolby digital. Would be grateful for advice
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 February 2019, 22:28

If you get your friend a Beam, it comes with an optical to HDMI-ARC adapter, so yes, it would take the optical output (Dolby Digital) from the TV, and change it to the HDMI-ARC signal the Beam is looking for. Or, for that matter, a PLAYBASE or PLAYBAR would work as well.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you get your friend a Beam, it comes with an optical to HDMI-ARC adapter, so yes, it would take the optical output (Dolby Digital) from the TV, and change it to the HDMI-ARC signal the Beam is looking for. Or, for that matter, a PLAYBASE or PLAYBAR would work as well.