Answered

Dialogue Sound from Sonos Beam

• 10 January 2021
  • 4 replies

We struggle with hearing dialogue. We have a Sonos Beam and two Sonos One speakers setup as surrounds. Our old wired surround system at our cabin has dialogue coming thru the left and right rear speakers. Can we achieve this (dialogue thru Sonos Ones) with our new Sonos system at home?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 January 2021, 04:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Like GuitarSuperstar I had to remove Ones as surround sounds and link them to the beam as a stereo pair in order to even voice of people talking in movies. Its the only useable option since music playback is the only option for full playback when connected as surround sounds. Needs to be added in firmware update for tv playback in full not just ambient 

Userlevel 7

What if you remove your Ones as surrounds but keep them as a stereo pair. Then group the Beam and pair of Ones when watching TV. Dialogue should be louder from the Ones but you could experience a very slight delay.

My husband is hard of hearing and struggles with hearing the dialogue. Certainly more in movies, or where there are more ambient sounds. Turning on the night sound and/or speech enhancement does help a little but he’d still like to have the dialogue come thru the speaker next to him, like our older surround system does for him. 
I don’t recall seeing settings for the dynamic range of the audio on the tv, but I’ll have another look. 

Userlevel 7

Are you struggling to hear dialogue on everything or just specific content? Does turning on Night Sound or Speech Enhancement in the Sonos app help? Does your TV have a volume leveling setting were you can adjust the dynamic range of the audio?