Question

delayed sound using karaoke

• 13 March 2014
  • 4 replies

karaoke, with wireless microphones, (from Philippines) directly connected to Samsung 7100series smart tv through RCA produces delayed sound in sonos sound bar. how to solve this problem? karaoke played no problem without the sonos sound bar.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hello Tony,

The RCA signal going to the TV is getting converted into digital by the TV, then piped to your PLAYBAR, and then converted back to analog by the PLAYBAR. Both of these processes are adding a delay. You're best off using a dedicated PA system for the karaoke so that it doesn't get processed with a delay, and using the TV for the video. You could also have the PLAYBAR turned off and use the TV speakers when you're using doing karaoke.
Hi Ryan, how about if I convert RCA signal from mixer into digital (using external converter box) and feed to the PLAYBAR optical input - I guess the outcome will be the same as RCA going through the TV?
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi Ryan, how about if I convert RCA signal from mixer into digital (using external converter box) and feed to the PLAYBAR optical input - I guess the outcome will be the same as RCA going through the TV?
As you said, it'd be similar to using the TV to wrap up the RCA signal. Your mixer might be faster than some TVs and slower than others. It's certainly worth a try to see how you like it. 
Hi Tony,

I just want to asking you, with your karaoke system is that work well? no sound delay? please tell me how to set it up . Thanks