Answered

Deciding on Potential Upgrades

• 24 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to upgrade my system (surround with Beam gen 2, 2 One’s) for ~$800, and am weighing 2 options below:

-Upgrade Beam gen 2 > Arc

-Add Sub gen 3 to the existing system

I primarily use my system for watching movies & TV shows and listening to music. Any inputs would be appreciated, and any upgrade ideas not listed here would also be appreciated to help me think outside the box!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 24 July 2022, 14:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Add a Sub, that would be my choice, no hesitation.

It makes such a difference to Movies in surround sound and Music in general.

Then set some cash aside and get the Arc too, if you plan to use the Beam elsewhere in the Home, or sell the Beam at some later point to put towards the cost of a new Arc, whichever suits.

Absolutely -- add the SUB.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sub is great, but the Arc will give you a much wider front sound field, as well as Atmos. And more bass than the Beam can provide although not as much as the Sub, obviously. No real substitute for the sonic floor the Sub provides though. Tough call. If I could only choose one, I’d probably lean towards the Sub, I have 2 of them in different rooms (1 music, 1 theater) and it’d be hard to go back to not having them.