Crackling from playbar.

• 27 December 2014
  • 5 replies

I set up the Playbar with surround sound, two 1's and a sub.  I am getting crackling through the palybar which is set up flat, on fireplace mantel with Flat Panel wall mounted above it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Jason,

Can I ask you to submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number?
Here is a FAQ showing you how to submit a system diagnostic

Thanks
Yes - I did it over the weekend - thought I could view the number from the app, but will need to go home to pick up the system allowing the diagnostic number to be viewed.  Stay tuned.
Max - here is the diagnostic reference number.

I also performed a couple tests I thought might be useful.

The static seems to be isolated to the output from the TV via optical cable. I have the most static when using the Movies/TV Series apps on Apple TV.  I have less static when using Netflix on Apple TV.  And no static when using iTunes on Apple TV.  Also no static when using Amazon Prime via the Samsung Smart 4k TV app that is built in.

I can use the playbar and surround sound speakers (with sub) with non-TV sources with no static, with and without the Optical cable plugged in and with and without the playbar located directly under the TV.

I changed the SONOS channel to 11, no change.

Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Max - here is the diagnostic reference number.

I also performed a couple tests I thought might be useful.

The static seems to be isolated to the output from the TV via optical cable. I have the most static when using the Movies/TV Series apps on Apple TV.  I have less static when using Netflix on Apple TV.  And no static when using iTunes on Apple TV.  Also no static when using Amazon Prime via the Samsung Smart 4k TV app that is built in.

I can use the playbar and surround sound speakers (with sub) with non-TV sources with no static, with and without the Optical cable plugged in and with and without the playbar located directly under the TV.

I changed the SONOS channel to 11, no change.

Thanks for the help.

I have reviewed your diagnostic, and do not see any errors with the PLAYBAR. For test would it be possible to wire the PLAYBAR via the optical to a Blu-Ray player or a gaming console? 
I am wondering if this issue was fixed and how it was fixed. Thank you!