Answered

Controlling Playbar with Firestick Remote

• 8 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Anyone know if you can control a Sonos Playbar and Fire Stick 4k remote? I want the remote to control the sound through Playbar only and not the TV speakers. I have a brand new 75" Samsung TV (bought and connected same day as Fire Stick) and I cannot figure out how to make it work. I have the app and can control through that, but that is inconvenient and leaves the rest of my family without the option. The PlayBar is connected with an Audio Optical cable to the TV....the same way it was to my last Vizio TV (only two years old). Thanks for any help!
icon

Best answer by heybwebo 27 December 2018, 05:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Firestick 4K - Settings - Equipment Control - Manage Equipment - Add Equipment

I forget what the next steps are from there. But the Firestick 4K allows for IR control for nearly any device.
Heybwebo, why don’t you tell where is this option cause if not the comment isn’t very useful...
Userlevel 1
The Firestick 4K device settings include an option to control volume on Sonos products.
Still looking for help on this.