constructive criticism for Sonos

• 14 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I've got the Arc and two book shelf speakers for surround. All in all the sound is "ok". It's no comparison to my Klipsch setup. 

My biggest gripe for Sonos is lack of connectivity. No headphone jack.. no output for sub that I ALREADY OWN. Sonos wants to sell something like the Sonos connect to add functionality that should have been there in the first place.  For the amount of money that Sonos wants to charge, users would be better off purchasing a real setup such as what I use with the Klipsch speakers. There's really no comparison. So take it as some CC. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I'm not sure you understand the Connect (now the Port).  The Port wouldn't add any of the things you say are missing (headphones, 3rd party Sub).  The Port would be what you use to add Sonos streaming to your Klipsch system.

As to the quality, I've had home theater setups for 20+ years.  And while the Sonos can't blow the roof off like my old SVS sub, I find I don't need to blow the roof off as much as I used to, so all that horsepower is wasted.  That trade off is far better when I count in the lack of clutter, cables, speaker wires, stands, etc.

YMMV. 

Userlevel 7

@MasterTroll Do you have a Klipsch soundbar or a traditional five-speaker home theater setup with a receiver and wires all over the room?

Does your Klipsch setup have a subwoofer? Comparing a home theater system with a sub to one without a sub is not really comparing apples to apples. FYI… adding the Sonos Sub to the Arc makes a huge difference.

Have you tested the Arc setup with Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Atmos audio or even lossless Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos audio?

Badge +2

Whether it adds anything or not doesn't matter and it's irrelevant. The point is there's a lack of connectivity.

I don't have a Klipsch sound bar. I have a HiFi setup 5.1 surround with two towers

Whether it adds anything or not doesn't matter and it's irrelevant. The point is there's a lack of connectivity.

I didn't say it was relevant, I said it's not what you assumed it was. Relevance has nothing to do with it.

By the way, just noticed your username.  DFTT folks, let this one starve.

Badge +2

My name is irrelevant. And so is your opinion because I'm not here for you. I'm here to provide constructive criticism.

You're irrelevant.  

Badge +2

I wonder who's the troll. You're probably some paid shill on these forums.