Question

Considering TCL 6 series TV

• 17 January 2020
  • 0 replies

Have a Sonos Soundbar, connected to my prior TV by optical audio cable.

Sifted through a bunch of the old topics on this, but highly considering this TV as its on sale at Costco for about $100 less than Best Buy/Amazon.  

These days it looks like it comes with the RC 280 Remote (Amazon Link).  

This appears to be an IR remote, not WiFi/Bluetooth, which seems like it should work fine.  

FYI, I previously had a 2013 Samsung LCD, for which I had to set to an ‘external speaker’ so my Samsung remote could control volume on my Sonos Soundbar.  Only annoyance was the TV would have a prompt come up when I would adjust volume saying “Your TV is set to have audio controlled by an external speaker”.  

I’m wondering even if the new Roku/TCL remotes default to Wifi/Bluetooth, wouldn’t my workaround with my prior TV work with this new one.  In other words, Bluetooth signal would go from remote > TV, set to have audio sent to external speaker?

EDIT: Also reading some rogue reviews that indicate a lilpsynch/lag on these TV’s when using an external soundbar.  Any thoughts here would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.