Answered

Considering a Beam: is there any 'start lag'

• 18 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi folks,

I have a circa 2012 Onkyo 5.1 system in the living room and I'm considering replacing it with a Beam paired with some Play Ones I already own. One of my main bugbears with the existing system is that there's maybe 1-2 seconds at the start of watching something where the amp realises it's got to play something and engages. In the mean time with shows that dive straight in, you've probably missed a sentence. Again if you rewind or fast forward there's a gap where you'll lose a second or so of sound. However, there's zero lag once it starts.

Does anyone with a Beam experience anything similar?
icon

Best answer by Chris 18 October 2018, 13:38

I've never noticed. If your listening to music on the Beam and then switch on TV it may take a second to switch to HDMI. But turning on and off TV I haven't noticed.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I've never noticed. If your listening to music on the Beam and then switch on TV it may take a second to switch to HDMI. But turning on and off TV I haven't noticed.