Question

Connecting Playbar with Samsung TV Smart Remote

• 9 October 2016
  • 4 replies

It is´nt possible to connect the new Samsung Smart Remote (Samsung TV KS 8080 / 8090) with the Sonos Playbar. Connection works with other remotes (e.q. Apple TV4).
How can I connect the Samsung Smart Remote.
When the Sonos Playbar is connected to the Samsung TV KS 8080 via optical audio an sound at the TV is switched to optical out. Therefore the sound volume can´t be regulated on the TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

you may find this link at sonos helpful. https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2424/~/configure-sonos-playbar-with-samsung-f-series-smart-remotes
Userlevel 2
Hi, I have recently purchased a Samsung 49KS7000 and am having the same issue. The above instructions are slightly different to the menu options I have available, TV has had latest firmware update. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks a lot - it worked!
Kind regards, Walter
Badge +1
It is´nt possible to connect the new Samsung Smart Remote (Samsung TV KS 8080 / 8090) with the Sonos Playbar. Connection works with other remotes (e.q. Apple TV4).
How can I connect the Samsung Smart Remote.
When the Sonos Playbar is connected to the Samsung TV KS 8080 via optical audio an sound at the TV is switched to optical out. Therefore the sound volume can´t be regulated on the TV.

Hi Walter,

Yes it is possible to use the Smart Remote with your Sonos system. We'd first ask you from the Samsung TV to select from Settings, 'Sources' then 'Connections' and 'OK'. Next select 'Universal Remote Set up' choosing Optical as the type and 'Sonos' as the brand. There should be a test, if prompted select Yes.

Now simply head back to the Sonos app, selecting 'Settings', 'Room Settings', 'PLAYBAR', 'Tv set up and control', 'Remote control setup'.

Please also be sure the Tv is running the latest firmware.

I do expect after following the above for your now to be able to control the PLAYBAR volume from the Samsung Smart Remote.