Connecting components to work with Sonos Arc

• 14 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I am interested in purchasing a new Sonos Arc soundbar.  Current I am using an Onkyo TX-NR686 receiver which has all my components (Rogers TV modem, Apple TV and X-Box).  This is connected to my LG OLED 65C8PUA through the tv and Onkyo HDMI ARC connection. 

My question therefore is how to connect everything to a Sonos Arc.

Would I be able to keep everything plugged into the receiver as it is now and then plug into the sonos somehow or,

Could I plug all the components into the tv by hdmi and save the HDMI ARC connection for the connection from the tv to the Sonos Arc?

I really have no idea if this is making sense to anyone including myself so I hand it over to you fine people to hopefully understand and advise me.

I am new here and appreciate the fact that there is a forum here and good people to draw help from!

Cheers,

Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you still need your receiver? Your TV has four HDMI ports. You could connect the Arc to the HDMI ARC port and your other three devices directly to the other three HDMI ports.

I still have the receiver because Im still using it! :wink:

No, I dont think that I will need the receiver anymore if I dont need it if the components connected to the tv directly and then via the arc connector to the sonos.  This is what I want to know before I drop $1000 into the soundbar.