Answered

connecting a sonos to sky q

• 7 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 25 replies

As title I have an old Panasonic system that sound great but recently had sky q now it doesn’t work audio cables to tv nothing 

tried connect my 2 play5 ‘s they don’t seem to have any way of connecting 

so anyone know how to connect say a beam to sky q is it simple connect the digital cable to them ? And it just works doe’s everything then needs to be done through the Sonos app 

many thank 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 January 2022, 23:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +2

Just an update all working fantastic ended up getting a beam a sub and 2 play ones wow how good does it sound now 

even connecting the sun to my 2 play 5’s amazing sound the sub is a must if you love your music or movies shakes the house down . 
easy to connect follow the app instructions just connect the beam to the arc hdmi and the sky q to the other hdmi job done and connect everything else through the app don’t forget to turn the base up tho to get the best sound 

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug the TV and Beam back in but keep them disconnected. Enable CEC in your TV’s settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app under the Beam’s settings. Connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable when the app instructs you to. If your TV doesn’t have HDMI ARC, use the optical adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the TV’s digital optical port. When the Beam has been successfully connected to the TV, connect the Sky Q to any of the TV’s other HDMI ports.

Badge +2

Oh and I can also link the play 5’s to the sub the beam and the play ones and tv sound comes from all of them which is a bonus 

Userlevel 7

The Beam connects to your TV’s HDMI ARC or optical port. The Sky Q connects to any of your TV’s other HDMI ports.

The Play:5 isn’t designed to be connected to a TV.

deleted

Badge +2

The Beam connects to your TV’s HDMI ARC or optical port. The Sky Q connects to any of your TV’s other HDMI ports.

The Play:5 isn’t designed to be connected to a TV.

ok thanks I must be doing something wrong then with my old system that as hdmi arc on tv and the speaker system sky q plugged in the other hdmi port but I get no sound through them that way even tried connecting audio cable and no sound previously work great with a scary lead plugged into the sky box 

the settings on the home system is arc not sure if I’m doing something wrong here just don’t want to spend £449 on a beam to have the same problem 

many thanks for your help