Answered

connectiin to TV

• 24 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Salve, vorrei acquistare il Kit Speaker Sonos composto da la Bar Beam + 2 speakers ONE SL

ma avrei bisogno di capire le modalità di connessione alla mia Smart TV Lg.

GraZie,attendo informazioni a riguardo per eventualmente procedere con l’acquisto.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 March 2020, 02:55

You’ve asked your question on an English forum, unfortunately there isn’t one for Italian, but if I understand you properly, the Beam would connect to your TV using the HDMI-ARC port on your TV. The Beam also ships with an adapter so that you can connect using an optical port on the TV, which would connect to the adapter, and then the adapter would connect to the Beam.

View original

3 replies

You’ve asked your question on an English forum, unfortunately there isn’t one for Italian, but if I understand you properly, the Beam would connect to your TV using the HDMI-ARC port on your TV. The Beam also ships with an adapter so that you can connect using an optical port on the TV, which would connect to the adapter, and then the adapter would connect to the Beam.

Hi, thak you very much for you answer. Ok that’s clear now, i could connect the Beam Sonos to theTV by Optical Port.

In Case i would like to connect 2 more Sonos One SL (or Sonos One) Speakers to the Beam as Home Theatre Effect, how is it working?

I could manage the Sono ONE SL Volume Sound directly  from the Beam? Does the Beam have a remote control??

Could i move the Speakers ONE to others rooms to use it alone ?

Last question,.

Is the Voice Controlthe only difference between Sonos ONE and ONE SL ?

Thanks 

The Beam creates its own wireless network that the surround speakers will connect to, all they need is mains power.

The Beam will use your TV’s InfraRed Remote to control the volume on all speakers connected to the Beam, in that ‘room’.

You can ‘un-bond’ the surround speakers and move them to other rooms, but it’s a lot of keystrokes to do so, and most people find it too much work to switch between a surround speaker and a normal speaker, and just purchase an extra speaker. 

To the best of my knowledge, yes, the only difference between the One and the One SL is the microphones which allow the speaker to send information for voice control. If you have an external device, both can be controlled by voice. In my home, I have many Ones and PLAY:1s that I control using an Echo Dot.