Answered

Connect with Ethernet cable and wireless

• 15 September 2018
  • 2 replies

If I connect both a Soundbase and a Sub to my router using an Ethernet cable and I add a couple of Sonos One via wireless (same router), Do they sync perfectly? Is there a risk that the Sonos One have some kind of delay? I need to be sure before I bought them.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 September 2018, 05:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps you mean a PLAYBASE, there is no Sonos "Soundbase".

It depends. If you set up the Sonos Ones as surrounds for the room that has the PLAYBAR, then no, there's no significant lag. However, if you set them up as a separate room, there can be at least a 70ms, delay for additional processing of the signal.

And that delay is only for anything being sent by the TV. If you're using the PLAYBASE to play music along with the Sonos Ones, they'd be in sync.

Not sure you care, but all of this has to do with the method of communication between the devices. If they're set up as surrounds, they're connected via a low latency 5Ghz connection, but if they're set up as another "room" in the Sonos software, then they communicate on a 2.4Ghz channel, which has greater distance capabilities, but is a slower processing speed.
Great!! Thanks ??