Question

connect to TV without playbar

• 10 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Is it possible to connect my Play:5 and Play:1 to my TV without a Playbar? Could I do so with a Connect? I'd like to create sort of a surround sound and add another Play:1.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You may want to do some additional reading, there's reams of information out there, and some of it is digestible.

Yes, you can connect your Play:5 to your TV, using the line in. but my understanding is that there will be a delay between the sound and the picture, of around 70ms. This may not bother you. You could then group your Play:1 with the Play:5 and get the same sound out of both. But you definitely won't be getting any surround out of that setup. If you're trying to go for a 5.1 setup kind of thing, Sonos really wants you to invest in a Playbar.
After reading other posts, I think my question now is: if I can connect my Play:5 to the TV, could I then connect my Play:1 speaker(s)?