Answered

CONNECT to Samsung HW-J4000 Soundbar Music Only

• 19 April 2018
  • 3 replies

My Samsung soundbar is connected to my TV through ARC HDMI. If I buy a CONNECT, I know I can connect the soundbar through the optical cable and set up the soundbar as a room for music. My specific questions are:

1. Will I have to leave my soundbar on all of the time to play SONOS music or will it automatically be turned on by CONNECT?
2. Will the soundbar automatically switch from ARC to optical each time I play music in that room?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 April 2018, 23:25

OK, I think I misread your question. My apologies.

1) You need to check with the Samsung folks on this. This is a Sonos support group, we can tell you all sorts of things about how the CONNECT works, but not so much on how the Samsung soundbar works.

2) Again, you're asking about the functionality of the Samsung soundbar. You may want to look for a Samsung support website.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There's an "autoplay" function (that can be turned off) that will switch it to the TV when it perceives the start of a stream through the optical input from the TV. Note that it won't switch back to music without intervention from you in the controller app.

I think that's the whole answer to both 1 and 2....but I'm confused, since there's no "ARC" involved in the optical to the PLAYBAR. It's only optical, there's no HDMI connection to the PLAYBAR at all.
The ARC HDMI is from the TV to the Samsung soundbar; it's not a SONOS playbar.
OK, I think I misread your question. My apologies.

1) You need to check with the Samsung folks on this. This is a Sonos support group, we can tell you all sorts of things about how the CONNECT works, but not so much on how the Samsung soundbar works.

2) Again, you're asking about the functionality of the Samsung soundbar. You may want to look for a Samsung support website.