Answered

Connect Sonos One to LG TV Airplay 2 compatible

• 28 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, i would like to know if i can have sound to the Sonos One from my LG 43UM7450 TV. The TV is 2019 model with Airplay 2 and smart speaker compatible. Link is here https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-43UM7450PLA. My intention is to play movies from a player through HDMI cable to the TV and have sound form the Sonos one through Airplay 2.

Thanks

Jim

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 February 2020, 18:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Thanks for answering

No, my TV is not one of those TV’s. Of course i send my Macbook’s screen on the TV but the point is whether the TV can send audio to speaker. 

Not that I’m award of.. well not directly, at least.

I have the LG C9 OLED TV 55” and that supports WiSA connections in its sound-out Settings and Bluetooth etc. and smartshare mobile and computer screen sharing/TV control, and AirPlay playback, but I have not ever seen anything to connect over wireless directly to a Sonos One speaker. 

I do use my LG TV to play to my Sonos devices however, but that’s via a connected Sonos HT 5.1 system over the TV’s HDMI-ARC/Optical connection and that allows my Sonos Beam to group to all my Sonos 'Rooms' about the Home.

The Bluetooth sound-out on the LG TV will probably connect to a single Sonos 'Move’ speaker too and play its audio, but as you may already realise there is no Bluetooth built-in to any of the Sonos One speakers for that type of radio connection and audio playback.

JimDimo,

You could also maybe consider adding an Apple TV 4 (HD/4K) to your setup… that will output its playing audio from its App’s to an AirPlay device like the Sonos One.. if that is any good to you?? ...but you can likely do those things already anyway from your MacBook?

I’ve yet to see a TV that can send an AirPlay 2 signal, just many that can receive them. I suspect this TV is the same, and won’t work in the way you want. 

I’ve yet to see a TV that can send an AirPlay 2 signal, just many that can receive them. I suspect this TV is the same, and won’t work in the way you want. 

Thanks for the answer. If it is as you say then what do you think the “smart speaker compatibility” in the TV specs is? 

Thanks for the answer. If it is as you say then what do you think the “smart speaker compatibility” in the TV specs is? 

I think some LG TV’s support audio-out to WiSA certified smart speakers as shown here in this LINK. I think that’s what that may mean, but as Bruce mentions the TV is an AirPlay compatible receiver and you should see it in your iOS Airplay device list for selection and audio playback on/through the TV.

I think some LG TV’s support audio-out to WiSA certified smart speakers as shown here in this LINK. I think that’s what that may mean, but as Bruce mentions the TV is an AirPlay compatible receiver and you should see it in your iOS Airplay device list for selection and audio playback on/through the TV.

Thanks for answering

No, my TV is not one of those TV’s. Of course i send my Macbook’s screen on the TV but the point is whether the TV can send audio to speaker.