I have a connect amp and a dac optical from Sony tv,
works ok good sound, but cannot adjust volume
on my Sony tv remote.
Any help would be great, and please dont say
you should of got a playbar beam my wife does
not like them thinks they are ugly.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 October 2018, 18:26

Since the CONNECT:AMP has no IR receiver, you're not going to be able to pair any remote with it, other than the actual Sonos controller. I think what you may want to consider (although I'm not a fan of this option) is to switch the optical output on your Sony TV from "Fixed" to "Variable"....assuming that your TV has that setting. That would allow your TV's remote to change the volume of the signal to the CONNECT:AMP. I'd be worried, though, about fluctuations at either low or high volumes. It might work fine, or there might be slight issues.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Since the CONNECT:AMP has no IR receiver, you're not going to be able to pair any remote with it, other than the actual Sonos controller. I think what you may want to consider (although I'm not a fan of this option) is to switch the optical output on your Sony TV from "Fixed" to "Variable"....assuming that your TV has that setting. That would allow your TV's remote to change the volume of the signal to the CONNECT:AMP. I'd be worried, though, about fluctuations at either low or high volumes. It might work fine, or there might be slight issues.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
airgetlam my sony tv is set to variable this works on a
analogue output but not on the optical output to the dac.
Have tried all settings but not working with the remote
and volume.
That's the only way I can think of for you to get your Sony TV remote to work. If the optical output is permanently "fixed", then there's no easy solution for you.

However, you might want to look at another multi-device remote, that has the ability to control both the volume on the Sonos at the same time as the channel changing functions you need.

I have a Harmony (with puck) remote....but I've got it set to control the volume of my PLAYBARs via IR as if the PLAYBAR was my Vizio TV. I'm not sure if it actually has the capability to control the Sonos via wifi, and the TV via IR. I've honestly never looked at it in that fashion. I'd assume, given the functionality that I *am* familiar with, it probably does, but I'm unwilling to make a promise to you at this moment, since I'm not home to do any testing. Perhaps another forum member can chime in, or looking on the Harmony website (and forum, if they have one) might be useful to you.