Question

Compatibilty Sonos Arc + LG Oled B7

• 15 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi guys, so i want to buy an Sonos Arc primarily for the Atmos abilites. Thing is i’m from Argentina and since i’m only not gonna have warranty or the chance of returning it i want to know your experience with it.

Does it work normally? Is everything okey or there are some compatibility issues with them? Any flaws i need to be awere of before buying?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @matigonzalez98.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help, let me check it for you.

This article will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers on your TV.

While most TVs are compatible with Sonos home theater speakers, some may need additional configuration or may not work with Sonos.

Not all TVs have HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC, so please check your TV’s user manual to see which HDMI connections you have.

Some TVs do not support Dolby Atmos audio even if the source device does. In most cases, the TV will re-encode the audio to Dolby Digital 5.1. It’s best if you can check with the manufacturer of your device to see if it supports Dolby Atmos.

The tricky thing about Dolby Atmos is that, for it to work, every ingredient in your home theater setup has to support Dolby Atmos.

Sonos Arc supports playback of Dolby Atmos audio via Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) or Dolby TrueHD and must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. You can find more information on playing Atmos audio through Arc in our Dolby Atmos article, it outlines the main factors that determine if your Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio.

Furthermore, some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this anytime soon.

Hopefully, the above information helps and if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Atmos compatibility for TV/Arc combos is a crapshoot frankly, and something as old as a B7 could well be a problem. In an ideal world Sonos would have a list of TVs that work and those that don’t, but they choose not to publish that list.

You need to find someone with a B7 and the same source device as you to confirm it all works with the Arc. Good luck.