Answered

Comcast remote volume control for Beam producing "Not Available" message on Samsung TV

• 20 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I set up our new Beam, and while it is working fine, when we attempt to use the volume control on our Comcast remote, we see an obnoxious "Not Available" message on the TV every time we turn the volume up or down. Has anyone else experienced this? For what it's worth, I had to use the optical cable setup because our Samsung TV doesn't have an HDMI Arc connection.
icon

Best answer by mrmsuser77 20 July 2018, 19:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I just saw another posting with the topic "How do I remove Samsung "not available" message from tv screen when using remote volume control?" It sounds like this is an existing topic, but unfortunately, the links that were provided with that topic have been disabled. Is there a way to combine my message with the other one so mine isn't redundant? Unfortunately, the problem seems to be that when you disable the TV internal speaker, and try to issue a volume change from a remote, the TV thinks it can't satisfy the request because the TV speaker is turned off. This is a big PITA and kind of spoils having this nice new Beam soundbar - I'm on the phone waiting an hour for customer support. Fingers crossed they have a suggestion and if so, I'll post it...

Glenn
Solution! Customer Support had me enter a code on my Comcast remote that eliminated the annoying "Not Available" message. The step was to press the setup button on the Comcast remote for 3 seconds and when the red light turns to green, I entered the code 33919 on my remote and voila - no more annoying "Not available" message on the TV!