Question

Clicking noise from Playbar with various sources connected to TV

• 16 December 2020
  • 1 reply

For the past year or so my Playbar has started to make a clicking sound similar to the sound you would hear if you had button click sounds on and you pressed volume up/down. This only occurs while watching content from the Samsung TV it is connected to and at first it seemed random but recently we were able to narrow down a possible cause.  We noticed it ONLY happens when there is music playing (i.e. theme music to a show etc). This happens regardless of the source being played on the TV… streaming netflix content or watching Live or DVR content from DISH Networks via their STB. Oddly enough, the issue DOES NOT occur when playing/streaming music from mobile device or networked content. 

I did submit a diagnostic report on November 18, 2020 @ 11:39pm PST within a minute of it happening. Report #: 301589063

I am able to consistently reproduce the issue if an audio recording is requested. 

Thank you in advance!

-Harry

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JoKeRz42o, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue with your Sonos Playbar, thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, I can’t see any issue with the Playbar on our end, we’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may ask for video proofs when the issue is happening to your Playbar. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.