Chromecast + Beam + Arcaydan HMB2260 + TV w/o Arc HDMI

• 20 July 2018
  • 3 replies

So I have a old television which has two HDMI ports. They do not have Arc sadly. To make the television smarter I have a Chromecast hooked up on 1 of the HDMI ports. The second HDMI port is attached to the Arcaydan, which is the "decoder" for the tv channels and offers only Netflix and the channels provided by the ISP xs4all.
On the Arcaydan, the optical port is used to connect to the Sonos Beam. The Beam works fine with the Arcaydan. Ofourse the Beam does not connect to the Chromecast because the Beam is in no way connected to the television and only plays the sound from the Arcaydan.
Is there a way that I can connect the Chromecast in some way with the Sonos Beam with this setup?

With regards,

Gertjan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So I have a old television which has two HDMI ports. They do not have Arc sadly. To make the television smarter I have a Chromecast hooked up on 1 of the HDMI ports. The second HDMI port is attached to the Arcaydan, which is the "decoder" for the tv channels and offers only Netflix and the channels provided by the ISP xs4all.
On the Arcaydan, the optical port is used to connect to the Sonos Beam. The Beam works fine with the Arcaydan. Ofourse the Beam does not connect to the Chromecast because the Beam is in no way connected to the television and only plays the sound from the Arcaydan.
Is there a way that I can connect the Chromecast in some way with the Sonos Beam with this setup?

With regards,

Gertjan

Hi there,

The best way to get all of your devices communicating with your Beam would be to use an HDMI switch. The switch would accept HDMI inputs from multiple sources, and output the video to the TV. The switch could also output the audio to the Beam through an optical output.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Just a quick PS you say use an HDMI switch but where would you place the switch in the link?
Sorry if this sound a bit of a silly question to ask
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just a quick PS you say use an HDMI switch but where would you place the switch in the link?
Sorry if this sound a bit of a silly question to ask

The HDMI switch would be in place before the TV. You would connect your various devices to the inputs on the switch using HDMI. So your cable box, DVD player, game console, would all plug into the HDMI inputs on the switch. Then, you'd run a HDMI cable from the video output on the switch to the HDMI input on your TV. Finally, you would run an optical audio cable from the audio output on the switch to the Beam, Playbar, or Playbase.