Question

Cannot get Playbar to recognize my tv remote.

• 10 November 2016
  • 2 replies

I cannot get Playbar to recognize my tv remote after trying to set it up several times. I have a Samsung UN65JU7100. I read somewhere that there were some TV's not compatible with Playbar, but I thought that those were RF not IR. Any help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +1
Hello bdeyoung, welcome to the community! Looking through your TV's manual it appears it's only able to control external devices through HDMI. This could be because the remote is using RF or Bluetooth to transmit. Some Samsung TV's have the option of using an IR blaster that connected directly to your TV and changes the currently remote signal into IR. I would encourage you to reach out to Samsung to see if this solution is available for your TV model. If you have a cable or satellite provider, you may be able to use that as a temporary solution for now.
The other option is using a third party remote, like a Harmony One. Many users of this forum do that, and it has additional flexibility for doing lots of other things, beyond just controlling the Sonos and TV set.

You also might find some suggestions here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/how-can-i-configure-lg-magic-remote-with-sonos-playbar-tv-model-55lm7600-6487430