Beam dropped from Sonos app, can't connect surrounds or Sub

• 7 December 2020
  • 1 reply

My beam was great, had it connected with two Ones for surround sound. So good I ordered the sub. BUT Beam no longer connects so no home theatre setup.  Surrounds can connect normally but Beam does not.  Beam works with tv but does not show up in app so surrounds do not work. I have rebooted speakers and router and then reset speakers, but beam still does not show up in app.  I connected beam with Ethernet cable to router; that worked but as soon as I disconnected Ethernet cable, unplugged beam and moved it back to tv, beam connection was lost, and I was left with ?+L+R in app. Very frustrating. I will not even open box of sub until I get this straightened out! Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Very Frustrated.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Since you factory data reset the Beam it goes back to its default settings again.

While the ethernet cable is connected to the Beam Go to Settings » System » Network » Wireless Setup.

Just follow the instructions you see on your screen it will tell you when you need to unplug the ethernet cable.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.