Answered

Cannot assign my playbar to a new room

• 16 February 2019
  • 2 replies

I just moved and to make sure my setup would take into account the new room, i created a new room and renamed the old (setup) "obsolete" i have assigned my 2 ones + my sub to the new room. But i cant get my play bar assigend to the new room? Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 February 2019, 19:34

I’m not sure I understand. Wouldn’t you just rename the current room to the new room name? There shouldn’t be any “reassigning” necessary.

Maybe you broke a 5.1system up, and assigned the surrounds and the sub to a new room, and now are trying to add the PLAYBAR? Probably easier to do it the other way around at this point. Create a new room called “Test”, or better yet, hpjust use the room name that the PLAYBAR is in, and re-add the surround speakers and SUB to it, then just rename the room to whatever you want it to be.

I think what you may be running in to is that the pair and SUB are already considered a “complete” room, and another speaker can’t be added.

If I’ve completely misunderstood your issue, let me know 😉
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Solved the issue. Thank you for the tip
I’m not sure I understand. Wouldn’t you just rename the current room to the new room name? There shouldn’t be any “reassigning” necessary.

Maybe you broke a 5.1system up, and assigned the surrounds and the sub to a new room, and now are trying to add the PLAYBAR? Probably easier to do it the other way around at this point. Create a new room called “Test”, or better yet, hpjust use the room name that the PLAYBAR is in, and re-add the surround speakers and SUB to it, then just rename the room to whatever you want it to be.

I think what you may be running in to is that the pair and SUB are already considered a “complete” room, and another speaker can’t be added.

If I’ve completely misunderstood your issue, let me know 😉