Question

Can we get a ‘videogame mode’ for the surround sound?

• 23 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Do we know if it’s possible to temporarily play music through the surrounds while the tv audio comes from the playbar/beam? I’d love this for playing video games as I often play games where it’s useful to have a bit of the games audio but would also love to have music playing out of the surrounds and then be able to hop back into movie mode as easily as a regroup.

I’ve seen similar threads but the request is “solved” by removing the surrounds but this isn’t a realistic solution when you want to hop between a movie and a video game regularly as true tone needs to be recalibrated.

Is this a feature? Can we get a Game Mode?

Thanks

1 reply

Do we know if it’s possible to temporarily play music through the surrounds while the tv audio comes from the playbar/beam? I’d love this for playing video games as I often play games where it’s useful to have a bit of the games audio but would also love to have music playing out of the surrounds and then be able to hop back into movie mode as easily as a regroup.

I’ve seen similar threads but the request is “solved” by removing the surrounds but this isn’t a realistic solution when you want to hop between a movie and a video game regularly as true tone needs to be recalibrated.

Is this a feature? Can we get a Game Mode?

Thanks

Thanks you!   I had a similar request a few days ago.  My thought was that the system would play music and TV audio on all channels, user would turn off the audio he/she didn’t want to hear with the game audio settings.   Your idea might be a little easier to manage though. 

For now, I either play the game without audio entirely, or place my Move in the room to play music.