Answered

Can't add Playbase; no chime, no connection.

• 25 September 2017
  • 13 replies

I've owned two Sonos:1 and a Playbase for a few months and have not had any problems with them until now. They were all grouped together under "Living Room." However, a few days ago when I opened my Sonos app it said that a speaker had been lost from the group so I needed to reconnect. It wouldn't let me do anything else until I tried to re-add this lost speaker. I was quickly able to get the Sonos:1 speakers reconnected and grouped in Living Room. However, each time I try to add the Playbase, it won't chime when pressing the button and then just flashes orange for awhile, then changes to solid orange, then eventually solid white. It will not connect.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 26 September 2017, 02:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Badge
I would restore the Playbase to factory settings and start over. Then add Play 1s after Playbase is restored.
Did the reset. It's flashing green now, and the button chimes, but still won't connect.
Badge
Try unplugging the Play 1s and see if the Playbase will connect without the Play 1s in the mix. Just curious. We're the Play 1s set up as surrounds to the playbase or as standalone paired stereo speakers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Would you be able to try wiring that PLAYBASE into the network temporarily? It sounds like there might be an issue with that unit. If it can connect on the wired side of things, you can follow these steps to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and then reply back with your confirmation number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks. As I suspected, there's an issue with your PLAYBASE. I've created a ticket for you with the support team and they'll be in touch shortly to help further.
Ok, thank you, Ryan!
Hi.i am having the same issue with my playbase..help....
I suggest start a new thread with a diagnostic number if you can. Do NOT follow the advice given in earlier post to factory reset
Having the exact same issue as I posted about above again. Sonos replaced my Playbase, but now I'm having the same issue with the new Playbase. Randomly dropped off wi-fi and now won't reconnect no matter what I do.

Submitted diagnostic: 239809162
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having the exact same issue as I posted about above again. Sonos replaced my Playbase, but now I'm having the same issue with the new Playbase. Randomly dropped off wi-fi and now won't reconnect no matter what I do.

Submitted diagnostic: 239809162

Hi mlmcgovern,

There are quite a few wireless networks nearby your Sonos system which are running on the same wireless channel as your own. This makes it hard for your Sonos speakers to stay connected, and may explain why the PLAYBASE isn't connecting. Please try changing your router's wireless channel to 11 and see if that helps.

If not, can you temporarily wire in your PLAYBASE with an ethernet cable? This should allow you to connect it. Once connected, send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take a look.
Badge
Having the same issue; playbase is seen if connected directly to router, not over wifi.

Submitted diagnostic: 1407114183
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, User84201. Thanks for posting and for the diagnostic report. It seems we will need to replace the PLAYBASE due to faulty internal hardware. That being said, please send me a PM with the following information and I'll be happy to get you sorted.

First and Last Name:
Shipping Address:
Contact Number:

Thanks!