Question

Can I create 2.1 from a 5.1 Playbar, 1, Sub Combo?

• 1 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I wanted to know if it were possible to create an audio combo from a 5.1 installation. I am on the fence about getting 1s or 5s for my surrounds. If I could use the 5s for left rights and the sub together via a simple button click I would get the bigger speakers for the surrounds and not use the sound bar for just audio listening. If I turn on my TV I want it to go back to 5.1 and the sound bar. Do you understand what I am trying to do? Thanks for your help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your only surround options are:

3.0 (Playbar)
3.1 (Playbar and Sub)
5.0 (Playbar with set of Play speakers or Connect:Amp driving rears)
5.1 (above with sub)

That is it - no other options. period.

The 2 surround speakers in 5.0 or 5.1 configuration can be set to full mode where when you are playing music (not via toslink digital) the rear speaker will act as a stereo pair creating a multi-stereo type system for music.
I understand the surround limitations and I'm fine with that. My question is on the rear surround speakers. I want to create a speaker pair combo out of the surrounds along with the sub for audio only. Can I do it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
you would have to completely unpair them all from the playbar and create a separate zone out of the 3 speakers on their own.