...but I don't want a smaller soundbar

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Yea I agree lol this is a super easy pass for me, I don't even care about no dolby atmos but this thing should have worked like a center channel with play 1/5 for left right and surrounds and able to decode modern codecs...
Badge
I’m evaluating options for the future. Honestly I’m very happy with Sonus. For those who are moving on, what are you moving too? I don’t see any viable options that do what I want better than what Sonus currently offers. I love Sonus but I will change in a heartbeat if I see a better value. Currently I do not.

Unfortunately I may have no choice but to consider Samsung's HW-N950 or LG's SJ9 with a pair of H3/H5/H7 speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
According to the verge article ... Sonos was asked directly about Atmos and their answer was something to the effect of “there’s not a sound bar that handles Atmos really well yet.” ....
Well Hello?!? That’s what we are asking you to make for us! I’m ready to give you my money ... but this new sound beam is an easy pass for me

Doesn’t explain the omission of dts/dd+ etc.
There are plenty of sound bars that handle that well. Sadly none of them work in the Sonos ecosystem!
According to the verge article ... Sonos was asked directly about Atmos and their answer was something to the effect of “there’s not a sound bar that handles Atmos really well yet.” ....
Well Hello?!? That’s what we are asking you to make for us! I’m ready to give you my money ... but this new sound beam is an easy pass for me
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
What a huge antiklimax. What are they thinking of at R & D?

No DTS, no Atmos. Shame on you Sonos. I`d say you’re piss-ng on your customers..
I’m evaluating options for the future. Honestly I’m very happy with Sonus. For those who are moving on, what are you moving too? I don’t see any viable options that do what I want better than what Sonus currently offers. I love Sonus but I will change in a heartbeat if I see a better value. Currently I do not.
Userlevel 1
Badge
WHY??? Just why?? We finally have an HDMI Connector after asking this for Years and still no sign of modern audio codecs. What a Disappointment :(

I guess it's really time to move on to a different Home Cinema producer..
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
What a complete letdown.

I was holding out for 7.1, Atmos support, ability to add more subs etc... and all we get is a watered-down Playbar with HDMI support.

Huge disappointment Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Total garbage and a missed opportunity.

"Sonos Beam plays audio from PCM stereo, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital 5.1 sources. These are the most popular audio formats for streaming video on demand and watching TV. "

What about Netflix streaming DD+ and Atmos ????

Indeed its a big disappointment
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
When I saw they added an HDMI port I was very happy and placed a pre-order for the Beam. A few moments layer I saw they posted an FAQ for the Beam and I was shocked to discover that Sonos still has it head up it's a$$. They still only support Dolby Digital and Dolby 5.1. with the Beam. This is so unbelievably idiotic. Needless to say I quickly canceled my order.
I'm now wondering why I should stick with this company when it so obviously doesn't understand home theater.

I held out for 2 years, dealing with down-sampling Blu-ray audio codecs to DD 5.1 and waiting for the "PlayBar II" to arrive.

This is it? Really? They add an HDMI port and then cripple it.

Time to sell the PlayBar, Sub-woofer and the Play1's and get a real home theater setup.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Total garbage and a missed opportunity.

"Sonos Beam plays audio from PCM stereo, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital 5.1 sources. These are the most popular audio formats for streaming video on demand and watching TV. "
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I also wanted Paybar 2 that is even bigger ,HDMI,DTS,etc

Sonos has disappointed me for this june 8th event, I expected a lot more
Badge
Btw, it is called the 'Beam'. And for me, I want bigger sound for bigger rooms. I'm sure it is a great product, just not for me.