Black Friday or special offers for holidays

• 14 November 2014
  • 38 replies

I'm been close to buying a SONOS playbar and sub for awhile now. It's seems to be the perfect fit for me and my wife. She wants the good sound music and I want the home theater with wireless connection. Anyways I'm just curious if there will be any good deals from Sonos coming in the next few weeks? Im so ready to buy but I don't want to go out spend 1500 and have a great deal a week later. Is there any way to find out if deals are coming for black Friday or cyber Monday.

38 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
I did not think prices on these days where dictated by the manufacturer, but by the store its self. I might wrong! Plus it's not to say that Currys for example would have sonos on sale, these days aren't a all product sale and selected items will be chosen for Black Friday / Cyber Monday
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Be VERY careful. You might find you don't get surround sound, you might get dropouts, appalling spotify integration, no DTS for Bluray and the radio stations may not be the highest bitrate available. Just search the forums. Look at Denon, LG and others too. I have lots of play 1's and Playbar and kind of regret it.
I think Sonos should do a 2 for the price of 1 Black Friday special on Subs.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Great idea, a BOGOF on all Play products
Userlevel 2
I've seen Amazon give promo credits for the Play1 and Play3 products around the holiday season for the past 2 years. One of those years, I got the Play3 for $300 + a $100 promo credit (so $200 actual cost)—so the deals can be quite good! Additionally, I've seen the Bridge be bundled for free (saving $50). You might want to check the Playbar over the next month or two for one of those deals. Chances are good that there will be another one!
I've seen Amazon give promo credits for the Play1 and Play3 products around the holiday season for the past 2 years. One of those years, I got the Play3 for $300 + a $100 promo credit (so $200 actual cost)—so the deals can be quite good! Additionally, I've seen the Bridge be bundled for free (saving $50). You might want to check the Playbar over the next month or two for one of those deals. Chances are good that there will be another one!
Oh man!!! That would be perfect. I'm hoping for something soon. If it was any other time I would just buy it but with all the sales coming I'm hoping to catch something. 100 dollar promo would be great. I need a playbar, sub, 2 play 3's or play 1's I'm not sure which to get. So I'll take any deals. I just hate buying something to see deals few weeks later for the exact thing I bought. Play 3's? Or play 1's for surround?
Be VERY careful. You might find you don't get surround sound, you might get dropouts, appalling spotify integration, no DTS for Bluray and the radio stations may not be the highest bitrate available. Just search the forums. Look at Denon, LG and others too. I have lots of play 1's and Playbar and kind of regret it.
You don't sound that happy with it. I'm sorry. I've listened to it in three different best buys, my brother has 5.1 setup in his place (even though I introduced him to Sonos) and it sounded so good. So I'm confident im going to be more then happy. Building out over time is also important. My wife wants decent sounding music. I admit I'm not the know it all of sound and sound quality. I Won't pick up on the little things I just want it to sound like Im at a movie. I don't expect it to be as good but give me sound through out in back with bass that is deep and I'm good. Most important I don't want to run wires. No wires. So I think this will serve me good.
I think Sonos should do a 2 for the price of 1 Black Friday special on Subs.
I'll take it. I just want one sub and I'm happy
Great idea, a BOGOF on all Play products
Not just Play stuff... I could use a BOGO deal on Connect Amps as well.
Userlevel 2
I think you'd be satisfied with just the play1's. The biggest difference will come from adding the sub so I'd do that first if you need to buy piecemeal.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Keep and eye on Amazon
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm curious what they do this year.  They have been doing the free bridge promo's to introduce people to Sonos for holiday purchases.  Now that the bridge is not required for entry level I'm curious what type of other discounts they may have.  Only other ones they have had have been the free Google Play, free Rhapsody type ones.
I wish they would do something were if you buy a sub with a playbar you get 200 back something like that so it pushes me over the edge to finally go buy it. I've delayed and delayed no real reason why accept I guess I can get it anytime. So a deal like that for example would make me grab my keys and pick it up
I wish they would do something were if you buy a sub with a playbar you get 200 back something like that so it pushes me over the edge to finally go buy it. I've delayed and delayed no real reason why accept I guess I can get it anytime. So a deal like that for example would make me grab my keys and pick it up
I would really like a free Play:1 with the purchase of a Playbar and Sub or something similar. I am just really going to hate that the promo will probably be SONOS based only, and not provided to retailed (like BB).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Usually they filter down to retailers here in US
When I spoke to tech support confirming several questions I had last week, they made a notion it would be direct only.
When and what is the offer? I'm ready to buy!!
They had no details about it.
If they are going to do Black Friday sale how much time between the actual sale and the announcement? A Black Friday, I would think that Sonos would announce soon!!! Real soon. Hey Sonos. I'm ready to buy the playbar and Sub just wanting to catch a good sale when I do. This is the best time for one.
I'm waiting for a sale on the playbar and sub too. I have 2 rear play 1's paired with a center 5
I honestly think Sonos is stingy! I've also been waiting until now to buy the Sonos sub. I check deals today and there's no single promo or gift card on the sub! There's a miserly $40 gift card on the playbar and 20 to 30 on their other speakers. And of course Amazon and other retailers follow their lead. I don't know why I keep plonking my money on the Sonos system! 😞
Userlevel 2
Amazon has put out their holiday discounts!
Get up to $50 Amazon.com Electronics Credit with Sonos, the wireless HiFi music system
Start streaming your favorite music with one speaker, or add speakers throughout your home to play music in every room, in perfect sync.
A speaker for any room
  • $20 with PLAY:1, the compact speaker without compact sound
  • $30 with PLAY:3, the most versatile Sonos speaker
  • $40 with PLAY:5, the original bigger room, bigger sound wireless speaker
Home theater for music lovers
  • $50 with PLAYBAR, the HiFi soundbar for TV and music lovers
  • $50 with SUB, for deep, bottomless sound
  • $10 with BOOST, to keep your wireless home theater speakers in perfect sync
Connect your existing speakers
  • $30 with CONNECT, for your stereo or home theater
  • $40 with CONNECT:AMP, for your wired speakers
Looks like these discounts are good from before Black Friday on through Dec 27.
Sonos is one of the highest rated CE products on Amazon.com. Your opinion is not shared by the vast amount of reviews on the world's largest online retailer.
10% discount. I was hoping for better.
I went ahead and bought the playbar and sub. I couldn't wait. If Best buy adds a sale I'll be able to get it adjusted and included. I preferred to buy instead of order it so I'm good to go. Oh if those are thinking about getting it like I was all I can say is it's freaking so good. It's exceeded my expectations and they were high.